Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hope for the Best

I shed a tear for every hurt and every fear.
In the silence of the night, when I try and see clear.
Mourning for my losses, him, her, and them,
these shadows of my life that will never play again.
It’s like a record stuck on repeat, these thoughts in my head ,
so I shed a tear for each moment I’ve spent.
It’s all I can do to get use to “good bye “,
And in my dark quiet flashes alone I cry.
I shed a tear for every heartbreak, disappointment,
every burn,
And hope from each wound I can learn.
We love, we lose, as easy as we smile and charm,
  No one said it would be easy, but we persevere and move on.
So I shed a tear when they died , another when they left ,
and one for myself as I hoped for the best.
I am tightly pieced together by the memories of my past
and if I have learned anything it’s that, this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment